What is Google Custom Search?
Google Custom Search enables you to create a search engine for your website, your blog, or a collection of websites. You can configure your engine to search both web pages and images. After setting this plugin, when a visitor searches for something in your website, instead of WordPress, Google handles that with comprehensive search in texts, images, tags, categories, etc.
Read more on Google Developers blog.
What is Google Custom Search Benefits?
- Accurate and blazing-fast results
- Fine-tune the ranking
- Use the power of structured data and Schema.org to bring users the right information in the right format
- Customize the look of the search results to match your site’s design
- Monetize the search by connecting your engine to your Google AdSense account
How Can I Activate Google Custom Search?
You can use Better Google Custom Search plugin which is included in Publisher package. Follow below steps.
- Go to Google Custom Search Engine Page (sign in your Google account)
- Click Create a custom search engine button
- In next page fill Sites to search input with your site address and click CREATE button
- In next page click Get code button and copy code in plugin page (in theme panel go to Better Studio → Google Search)
- Paste code into following Embed Code/Search ID input.
For further customization go to your Google CSE page. This plugin doesn’t need a new widget or any thing else, simply activate it and WordPress search turns to Google Search.
Can I Hide Google Ads in Google Custom Search Results?
Yes you can hide Google Ads in Better Google Custom Search plugin. Following steps show you how.
1- In theme panel go to Better Studio → Google Search
2- Set Show Ads in search page to Hide.
You should notice all the results are creating by Google. So we cannot do any changes in it. Also Google handles the design of results and all options. Visit Google CSE page for options you are looking for.